We need a General Topic Board.

For discussions that don't fit into our other categories.

Moderators: Richie, Jess, minni, cumheels, Mrs.HB, redwedge, Heelexploder, german bootlover, heelbone, HighHeelFetish.org

Should we have a General Topic forum for discussing General Topics, Hi, Bye, and General Shoe Topics, like What is your favorite shoe style?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 3

Scuffy

We need a General Topic Board.

Post by Scuffy »

WetShoe, Can we have a General Topic forum? I mean Flame, fighting, Spam, etc is nice, but what about a forum just to say hello or post other general shoe topics and non-shoe topics. Nothing to do with fighting or spam.

The General Topic should be open to any intelligent discussion. No mud-slinging or flaming. Also, it gives us a place to ask technically questions and give suggestions.

:idea:
Last edited by Scuffy on Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scuffy
Wetshoe
Site Admin

Post by Wetshoe »

general shoe topics can be discussed in the abused shoes section. i'm not sure there would be anything else to discuss in the general forum. even the flame forum usually doesnt have any posts. anyone else have any opinions about this?
Heelexploder

Post by Heelexploder »

I'm going to bring up this..

constant posting of material, non shoe abuse related, and offensive to certain members, ie hhs.

we need to make some rules clear on this, moving threads is getting constant, and the flames are only going to get worse.

I do not want to see members leave because their material can not be respected by a small group of inane individuals who cant stay on topic, and bite their tongues.
Moderator.

The slave of wetshoe (he is god!)

"Just when I thought people couldn't get any stupider I'm proven horribly wrong"

Thank you for supporting wethighheels.com

Official Spammer Executor since 2005

Spammers killed-100 :D
italianstallion

Post by italianstallion »

if we had a a general forum for quick hello then this would no longer be abused shoe forum,

people should only be able to post if they r registered, and they shud perhaps state a reason why they shud b allowed to join, or something to filter out those who just want ot say hi

its only more recently theres a lot of spam and non topic related posts,
Scuffy

Post by Scuffy »

I do agree that the spam and flame are getting worse. Best way to deal with that is just to have more moderator and delete the spammer account. I suppose we can set up a no spamming rules and that all post must conform to the topic.

WetShoe, I suppose general shoe topics can be discuss in the abuse shoe forum, but it is not meant for that, hence the name. That's why its better just to have a special forum for general shoe topic. Or general topic in general.

Iitalianstallion, I do not agree that a forum to have general discussion and hi/bye would take away from this forum being a shoe abuse forum. Additionally, I do not think we should screen people who want to join and have it where new members must be accepted by some board. We want this to be a warm, welcoming, open board for all who have interest in shoes and the shoe abuse arts. Not an elite club. Otherwise, we would run out of new blood and shoe people would just go elsewhere.
Scuffy